These yellow gems contain juice high in vitamin C and antioxidants. The Lemon also has an abundance of fruit acids and sugars that are great for acting as an exfoliant, blackhead remover, skin brightener and as a treatment for sunburn. It will also remove dead skin cells which will allow the pores to breathe, promote new skin growth and help maintain skin’s elasticity. It’s best to use pure lemon juice on a cotton ball for easier application.
Check back tomorrow for more healthy tips on the lovely Lemon.😉
White Bean and Kale Stew
This Tuscan dish recipe is a satisfying nutritional powerhouse packed with iron, fiber, vitamin A and vitamin C. It’s even more delicious the next day, after the flavors have deepened.
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
5 cups (packed) thinly sliced kale (about 1 large bunch)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 cups vegetable or chicken broth, organic boxed or homemade
1 teaspoon dried basil, or 1 tablespoon fresh
1 teaspoon dried thyme, or 2 teaspoons fresh
1 pound white beans (cannellini), cooked and drained (dry beans are cheapest)
1 pound finely diced tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil and grated Romano cheese (to garnish)
1. In a large heavy pot, heat olive oil, garlic and red pepper over medium heat for 1 minute. Add kale, vinegar and broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat; add basil and thyme. Cover and simmer until kale wilts, about 7 minutes. Add beans and tomatoes with juice. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Ladle stew into shallow bowls. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and pass the grated Romano cheese.
This Stew is a healthy choice, try it, you just might like it😉
Let’s face it, a great kiss makes the heart melt, and makes us spin with desire.
“Kissing is passion and romance and what keeps people together,” says Michael Cane, author of The Art of Kissing, who “lectures” on kissing at colleges around the country.
And while kissing may feel so good, it also has health benefits, too. It sparks a whole spectrum of physiological processes that boost your immunity and generally shape up that body you work so hard to keep attractive.
Here are some benefits of a good wet one:
- Kissing burns calories, 2-3 calories a minute and can double your metabolic rate. Research claims that three passionate kisses a day (at least lasting 20 seconds each) will cause you to loose an entire extra pound! It’s time to start that kissing diet!
- Kissing uses 30 facial muscles and it helps keep the facial muscles tight, preventing baggy cheeks! The tension in the muscles caused by a passionate kiss helps smooth the skin and increases the circulation.
- The extra saliva washes bacteria off your teeth, which can help break down oral plaque.
- When you’re kissing someone, your body releases oxytocin, a calming chemical; endorphins, which are the feel-good chemicals; and dopamine, which promotes bonding.
- Kissing is great for self-esteem. It makes you feel appreciated and helps your state of mind.
- Kissing is good for the heart, as it creates an adrenaline which causes your heart to pump more blood around your body. Frequent kissing has scientifically been proven to stabilize cardiovascular activity, decrease blood pressure and cholesterol
- Heck, Kissing is just plain GOOD!
So get to kissing, it just might change your attitude, health and looks … Go ahead Kiss the Girl!😉
Interesting side note: When chimpanzees kiss, “it’s with a deep French kiss,” says Helen Fisher, PhD, professor of anthropology at Rutgers University in Newark, N.J. “They do it for all kinds of reasons — there’s social kissing, kissing to relieve tension, to express friendship, to make up after an argument. Two males will kiss, two females will kiss, a mother and child will kiss on the lips. They don’t choose mates; it’s whomever they’re interacting with.”
1 Free Trees: This Saturday, every Lowe’s store in the country will be giving away 500 free trees to customers. No catch. Just be one of the first 500 people to visit your local Lowe’s store to get your free tree to plant in your yard.
2. Anthropologie: Free Earth Day workshops for kids that teach potting and basic gardening are being held throughout the weekend (times and dates vary by location)
3. Origins: On Earth Day, bring any bottle of face lotion, body lotion or any beauty product that’s full of parabens, artificial dyes/fragrances or anything else questionable into any Origins store and trade it in for a free full-size Origins product (two options for you…. face cleanser and a lotion). It’s like a $22 value. Plus, they’ll recycle your old product free of charge.
4. Disney Store: Bring in five plastic shopping bags on Friday, April 22, and you’ll receive a free reusable shopping bag featuring a green silhouette of Mickey Mouse
5. EVOS: this restaurant chain, which maintains a special focus on environmental sustainability and has locations in Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina, is giving away free homemade organic milkshakes to all customers on April 22
6. National parks: Free admission lasts through April 24 during National Parks Week
7. Starbucks: Bring in a reusable mug and get a free coffee or tea on Friday, April 22
In order to enjoy this flick be sure to “limit” your brain function. I wll say there is one scene I thoroughly enjoyed …. when a volley of intelligence ensues and De Niro spanks Cooper with the nitty gritty. Bradley Cooper does not disappoint as eye candy, and as a leading man. I give this movie a firm C+ for limited effort, and nauseating me with the fast moving scenes. Ack!
Posted in Reviews
This is a great intelligent thriller of a movie. I have “No Objection” to Matthew’s performance, it was stellar! Between the beefcake and the Actor, the Actor wins every time in this movie. Macy, Tomei, Pena and Phillippe also deliver the goods. I felt smart walking out of this movie, my money was well spent. The Lincoln Lawyer is anything but a smooth ride …. two thumbs wayyyyy UP!
Check out the trailer below: